Cooking steak in an oven is possible, though it might give you a well-done steak. To avoid this from happening, here’s the perfect oven-cooked steak recipe for you!
You will need:
- Ribeye steak (1pc or 16 oz)
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Rosemary or desired herbs
- Pan or skillet
- Rub olive oil to the ribeye steak. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat the pan or skillet to 450 degrees Fahrenheit inside the oven. After getting the oven preheated, take out the pan or skillet and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Sear both sides of the steak for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip the steak. Top with garlic, rosemary, and other herbs you want to add. Place inside the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Take out the pan and put it back on the stove over low heat. Flip the meat again and this time put the butter. Coat your steak with the butter evenly for one to three minutes and use a thermometer to confirm the meat’s doneness.
- Let the steak rest for 3 to 5 minutes and add melted butter or chimichurri sauce before serving.